Spa Day Sunday Egg Yolk Hair Mask

Friday, August 3, 2012

Ok so I'm posting this a little late but I wanted to share because I love trying new things and I wanted to get your feedback if you've ever tried this...

Egg Yolk Hair Mask 

Do you have dry, brittle hair? Losing hair from stress, age, etc? Need a great weekly deep conditioner that's super cheap and super easy? Want shiny, healthy hair?

Rich in proteins, vitamins and super- nurturing fatty acids, egg yolks won’t only make your hair softer, shinier and healthier but help you to grow it long as well.
Simply separate egg yolks from whites. I used 4 because I have SUPER long hair.
Gently beat the egg yolks with 2 tbsp of olive oil. You can dilute the mixture by adding 1/4 cup of water.  Scoop up a small amount and run it through your hair. I did this with my head over the bathtub. It can get a little messy!  

Slowly and thoroughly massage this mask into your scalp. 

Give your hair and scalp 15 to 20 minutes to absorb all the needed nutrients.  You can wrap yourself up in a showercap (I think this is the best option and they are super cheap- check TJ Maxx or Marshalls) or use plastic wrap. 

Rinse out thoroughly.
Ok so this was the first time I did it and didn't notice TOO much of a difference, but I hear that over time it really makes a difference so this is on my list for next Sunday.  

PS I've been using the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask for 3 weeks now and that stuff WORKS!!! My pores are smaller, skin feels smoother. Definitely a win and totally worth the $6!




- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -