Rainy Day Project Idea

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I cant stand white walls! I don't know what it is but they are soooo ugly to me! No personality, no FUN! No expression of your style... definitely not my type! I'm a total Sanguine (for all of you who have read Personality Plus- great read!!) but for those of you who haven't read it...the definition of a sanguine:

Sanguine

The sanguine temperament is fundamentally impulsive and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are sociable and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean sensitive, compassionate and romantic. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguines generally have an almost shameless nature, certain that what they are doing is right. They have no lack of confidence.
It cracks me up because it's soooo true! But anywhooo back to the point...I wanted to get rid of the white walls in our place because I can't stand looking at them! So I thought...how cute would it be for my boyfriend and I to paint something together!? 


Now it was a bit of a struggle to get him to Michael's, but eventually he gave in! Once we got there, I had to reign him in because there are so many project possibilities!! Michael's is awesome because a) they have everything b) they always have sales and coupons! 


We bought a 36x36 canvas, acrylic paints, tray, paintbrushes, sponges & paint roller all for about $45!
Now....figuring out what/how to paint is a totally other story!
All of this craft shopping was exhausting, so we had to stop to re-fuel at a local bakery Le Pain Quotidien.
Body Beastis no joke! Right now, according to the guide- I need 2027 calories for the Build Phase (round to 2000). Better start eating! hah 
For the build and bulk phases, I need

5 Portions of Starches
2 Portions of Legumes or Protein Liquids
Portions of Veggies
Portions of Fruits or carb liquids
Portions of Protein
Portions of fat
1 Scoop Hardcore Base Shake, 2 scoops Fuel Shot

This might sound like foreign craziness to you, but the nutrition guide breaks down what you can eat for each category. It's not hard, I promise!
Anywayyyyy back to the Bakery- We picked this place because of their philosophy and incredible BREAD!! haha 
"Whenever we can, we source organic ingredients. This way, we not only build lasting and meaningful partnerships with organic farmers, but we also ensure our ingredients are of the highest quality. It's about finding the very best, in a way that is good for all of us.
This philosophy influences every part of the way we do business, from the food we serve to the design of our stores to the materials we use. We use reclaimed wood and recycled Gypsum in construction, energy-efficient lamps, and environmentally friendly cleaning supplies and packaging.
It's good for our bodies, our communities, and our earth"
They hook you up with a "bucket of bread" haha and tons of natural nut butters and jams. So delicious! This wasn't exactly on the Body Beast menu...but hey...we've been working hard!
 
Yummyyy carbs!! What better way to get the creative juices flowing! Right?!

It all starts with a blank canvas!

Since we are right by the ocean, we picked an ocean-y theme and colors. I lovvee how rich and bright they are!
The sanguine in me wanted to just go right in and start painting! You have to start somewhere right?! So we painted and re-painted until we got the look we wanted. That's the beauty of acrylic paint....you can cover up your first attempts lol
Work in progress!
 Almost finished....
 TA DA!!!!!!!
The J&K exhibition! Our official debut as artists!!!

We learned a lot of painting....and communication!!! Lol we started with totally different visions...but ended with a cool design, some amazing memories, some COLOR in our place, and a powerful memento to look back on over the years! 
If you're looking for a good rainy day project, do this with someone you love! 

Love you babe =)

Now I have something pretty to look it while I'm working out! DAY 9 of Body Beast! I'll have to write a review to share my thoughts...but I must say, I love it! and it's totally kicking my butt!

It's time to make a COMMITMENT! What is one thing you put off YESTERDAY and are COMMITTED to doing TODAY??? If you need a little nudge, email me! I start Challenge groups EVERY MONTH!
Inspiration of the day!!





- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -