5 Strategies to Eat Out Without Gaining Weight

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ladies & gentlemen the wait is over!!! I never thought I would see the day, but our Body Beast workout and supplements have arrived!!!

Our BODY BEAST Challenge Group is now forming!!

OR if you are a crazy couple like us and want to do a workout program together, shoot me over an email for the deets! Heifnerk@gmail.com

Are you ready to release the BEAST & do WHATEVER IT TAKES?? :)

This picture pretty much sums up how the next 90 days are going to play out. He's such a goof ball! 


What to Eat when you Go Out!
People always ask me what I eat when I go out. We found this amazing restaurant called True Food. They serve exactly what I look for...REAL FOOD! Here are a couple of simple rules to remember:
1) Remember your goal. You DON'T have to "eat your moneys worth." Change your mindset! Instead of eating until you are full, simply eat until you are no longer hungry. Portion control! You should be eating every couple of hours so don't act like you aren't going to see food again until the full moon. Relax- you're eating again! And you can always take left overs home.
2) Greens baby! Start with a salad! Get those veggies in. Instead of dressing, I prefer using the natural juice of tomatoes and lemons. MMmeee!
3) Skip that bread! I lovveee me some bread! Buttt what is more important to you? your goal or enjoying some bread? Sometimes I choose the bread haha but if you want results...ask the server to leave it in the kitch!
4) Steamed please! Look for options like- steamed, baked, grilled. Ask the server to skip the butters and oils! If you're stumped, ask for some grilled chicken and steamed or raw veggies. Be nice and they will help ya out!
5) Don't shovel your food! We've all been "that guy." You are so famished by the time your food gets there that you are literally shoving it in your mouth. STOP! Breathe! Chew your food at least 25 times.
If you are a talker like my bf, then this will give you good practice letting other people talk while you chew ;)  
This turkey burger made my Top 3 list of best burgers ever- they added tomato, avocado, lettuce and my favorite...hummus! Add a Kale salad and sweet potatoes on the side and I'm one happy chicka. 
Sweet potatoes used to weird me out- I'm not sure if it was the color or texture, but I'm happy to say I've overcome my fear of them because they are so darn good for you!
Jay went with the steak, rice and greens. I snuck a couple of bites while he wasn't looking. delish as well! I almost wish that I would have ordered this. Protein, greens and complex carbs with a little healthy fat (avocado)!

Workout on the days you want to be happy! Get those workouts in baby! Our workout time is almost considered like a little date! Almost!  I still like a night out! ;) 
Ab Ripper X!
Our other hobby...Reading! It's quite therapeutic and it's amazing what you learn about yourself and your life/business/relationships.  My latest buys....
I know people keep telling me to get a Nook, but there is something about holding a book in your hands. (and falling asleep with it lol)
Nook, Kindle, or the real deal...whatever you favor...just make sure you are always learning, reading, growing, reflecting

The quest for new knowledge has taken me on quite a journey over the last few years. It's been a wild/crazy/fun ride!
For the longest time, I've been thinking about writing a letter to my past self.  Knowing what I know now, what would I share with myself from 3 years ago? Hmm...ever look back and think about how different you are? I am soooo much smarter than who I was a few years ago...I've learned so much, changed in leaps and bounds.


Wherever you are in your journey, I hope that you still marvel at the unexpected challenges that life sends your way. We are all truly blessed to be back to keep on truckin' and put one foot in front of the other. 


xoxox

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -