Workout Motivation

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A while ago I saw this little motivational poster, "Do not reward yourself with food, you are not a dog"

If you're guilty of this, **raise your hand** ok everyone's hand should be up. Think about it- our entire lives, we are conditioned with food. Everyone wants to earn some of "the good stuff"  
Every classroom I was in growing up had a bowl of candy that was passed out as a treat. Moms pacify their babies with cookies. Halloween is a gluttonous child's dream.

My whole life I have battled with this- when is it okay to give in to those cravings? 
Over the past year and a half, I've learned to work around this and reward myself with things that push me CLOSER to my goals instead of further away. And when I DO indulge, guess what? I don't feel guilty! .

You know what's EVEN BETTER than indulging in unhealthy snacks....finding alternative ways to make the things that you love! For example: Snickers Blizzard anyone? Cinnabon? Mac N Cheese!

Let your reward be bigger and better than a snack. Let it be useful. Let it be something you actually WANT rather than a fatigued impulse buy. Rewards can be an incredible incentive to work harder toward your next goal, but plan ahead so you don’t cancel the work you do. HAVE SOMETHING TO WORK TOWARDS!

My new Under Armor Shorts- fancy!
Burn baby burn! Beast mode is ON! Thanks Chalean Extreme!

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -