Ultimate Reset Day 5

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 5! Easily the WORST DAY of the reset for me. The stomach pain persisted from yesterday and this might sound like me being a ginormous baby...but the pain was so bad that I didn't even want to roll over from by back to my side. The pain took my breath away. Not in a romantic, sweep me off my feet kinda way...more like I felt like I was dying. 


Headache, stomach pain. Total hell. I slept or laid in bed most of the day. Probably spent about 15 hours laying down. I spent the rest of my time trying to sit up to work, read or in the bath tub. 

Whether you are doing the reset or not, I discovered how much I LOVE Epsom salt baths. Seriously, my skin feels SOOOOO SMOOTH! I ended up taking two baths because THAT is how much I love it. The best part about this stuff...it costs like $1! 

Onto more important things...THE FOOD.  I realize that I've said this everyday....but this was the BEST BREAKFAST EVER! It was like dessert and I got to enjoy my beloved oatmeal again. Now when I "cook" my oatmeal, I used rolled oats (not instant! barf) I boil a tiny bit of water and pour that in. I like it super dry and granola-y. Mmmmm!

I mashed it all together! mmmm! 
Right after breakfast, I went back to bed to live in misery. I got on the Beachbody Ultimate Reset Support Group and after posting and getting some feedback...I realized that I was RESPONSIBLE for the HORRIBLE stomach pain! Me!!! I did it to MYSELF! Ughhhhh! So please please please take a lesson from my debilitating pain and DRINK YOUR WATER PEOPLE! 
Body weight divided by 2 = the amount of ounces you need to drink! MINIMUM!

LUNCH TIME
Quinoa Salad, ⅓ cup hummus, raw vegetable plate (10 baby carrots, 8 to 10 grape tomatoes, 10 slices red bell pepper, and 5 string beans).
Can we just talk about this salt for a second? I love salt and this stuff is the bomb diggity. Seriously salt is the only reason anyone eats pretzels. Salt less pretzels = eating cardboard. 
But this ain't your mama's regular white processed table salt that we're all used to. This is Himalayan salt, which is actually good for you because it is packed with trace minerals and is NOT processed or bleached. I strongly encourage you to switch your salt to Himalayan salt. You can find it at a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and even.....TJ MAXX! I got this one for $5 at TJM because shopping for everything at Whole Foods would require me to take out a second mortgage on my house. 
I also discovered I like this liquid aminos stuff that I've never heard of- makes rice taste awesome
Dinner! 
By dinner, I was so wiped out that I didn't have the energy to make everything so I just stuck with the stir-fried veggies (delish!) and I used left over Quinoa because I didnt have the energy to spend 50 minutes cooking brown rice lol 
Miso Soup, Stir-Fried Veggies, ½ cup cooked brown rice, and Nori Gomasio. 

Food
BreakfastLunchDinner
 Cooked Rice Cereal
 Quinoa Salad
 Miso Soup
1 cup cooked rice cereal (farina) or oatmeal with 3 Tbsp. toasted walnuts, 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and ½ to ¾ cup fresh fruit.

Men may increase cereal to a total of 1 ⅔ cup OR cook it in 1 cup of skim milk.
Quinoa Salad, ⅓ cup hummus, raw vegetable plate (10 baby carrots, 8 to 10 grape tomatoes, 10 slices red bell pepper, and 5 string beans).Miso SoupStir-Fried Veggies, ½ cup cooked brown rice, and Nori Gomasio

Men may have an additional ½ cup rice.

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -