Ultimate Reset- Day 1

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Today did NOT start off as planned- I've been having these really weird nightmares lately and I don't know if it was a nightmare or anxiety or what...but I woke up this morning at 3 am. Since I was wide awake (and in an AWESOME mood), I decided to go ahead and blog about my "Reset Eve" 


Went back to bed around 7:30a and by back to bed...I mean just that. I literally laid in bed- exhausted. Have you ever been too tired to fall asleep?
Let's just say that by 9:30a when I finally committed to getting up...I was NOT a pleasant person to be around. And the feeling kinda lingered all day until a few hours ago.


The meals were actually pretty amazing and easy to make. The supplements were easy to take and the schedule made everything pretty simple. It's literally all laid out for you.


Here's a breakdown:


Phase 1- Reclaim! You focus on removing animal products & refined foods from your diet while adding lots of veggies. If you are already vegan or vegetarian, you can make substitutions based on your food preferences.

DAY 1
Nifty little schedule they give you- it looked like chinese to me at first 
Mealllll Plannnnerrr! 


Wake up


Take Supplements (Mineralize, Oxygenize, Optimize)


Wait 30 Minutes


Breakfast!


2 Slices of Whole Grain Toast
2 Scrambled Eggs (cooked with 1/2 tsp Olive Oil)
Generous serving of steamed Kale or spinach



  • Wait at least 2 hours. (I waited 3)
  • Take Supplements again
  • Wait 30 min



Lunch!


Microgreen Salad with Homemade dressing
Salad consisted of:
A boat load of spring mix
1/4 C carrot
1/4 C cucumber
1/4 C red bell pepper
1/4 C alfalfa sprouts
1/4 C tomatoes
1/3 C Sunflower seeds


Basic Vinaigrette
‎1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp salt (I used Himalayan Salt)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp honey or agave
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (I love lemon so I used 4 tbsps!)

Mix, enjoy! (Makes 8 servings!)


Ok Seriously the salad was awesome- my mouth is watering a lil just thinking about it. 



  • Wait at least 2 hours ( I waited 3)
  • Take your Alkalinize (tastes like wheat grass- check out my video lol)

Whyyyy do I always, and I mean ALWAYS drip on myself when I drip out of my shaker cup??!

  • Wait 30 Minutes
  • Optional Snack- I was fine so I didn't have anything
  • Wait 2 hours
  • Take Supplements again
  • Wait 30 min



DINNER!




Baked Salmon
1 Cup Steamed asparagus with lemon
3/4 cup boiled baby potatoes


Since fish makes me want to puke, I opted to swap it out with chicken instead.


Baked Salmon Recipe
1 clove garlic
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1/4 tsp himalayan salt
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 6oz salmon filet


In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, oil, lemon, seasonings (basically everything but the salmon lol)
In a glass baking dish- place your salmon and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the fridge for about an hour, turning occasionally.


Preheat oven to 350F Place fillet in aluminum foil, cover with marinade and seal. Place in glass baking dish and bake for approx 20 min or until it easily flakes with a fork. 


Serves 1.


Water


Take your body weight, divide by 2 and that is the number of ounces of water you should drink everyday. They highly recommend distilled water for the reset.


Another interesting tidbit- no drinking during the meals. Drink BEFORE! Drinking liquids tends to dilute digestive acids (ew!) which slows down your digestion considerably.  When food takes too long to go through your system- it can cause digestive problems like fermentation or putrefaction. OMG nasty!
Plus, drinking a glass of water 5-10 min before a meal curbs your hunger and prepares, opens, lubes the digestive tract for smooothhh sailing. 


If you chew your food long enough and take time between shoveling more food in there, you actually don't need water to wash everything down. Aim for 20-30 chews and set your fork down between mouthfuls. 
And that's it!!




I also got to fill out this nifty questionnaire so I can compare my results at the end.




Ok so here is the run down- emotionally...I was a bit of a biotch today. Like I said- I was in a bad mood from lack of sleep and it lingered for the better part of the day. BUT by 6pm I was feeling pretty awesome again.


As far as hunger, it was so weird! I swear every 5 min I was hungry/not hungry/hungry/not hungry.
Then I had to go to the grocery store to grab some chicken- now normally I would never look at the bakery section. I'm just over it- it's not in line with my goals BUT since I started this reset and I am REALLY not allowed- it somehow made it THAT much more enticing to me. I stood and looked at the donuts for a moment. Daydreaming about the taste, texture, smell lol 
This didn't happen just once...on the drive home I was scoping out Dennys, Jack in the box, some weird mexican place....I NEVER would have even noticed these places before...but I SWEAR it's my rebellious streak coming out to play.
Hmm, interesting....
Be aware of those feelings!!


If you missed Reset Eve, check it out here!
Why Do the Ultimate Reset?


Stay tuned for Day 2~

Reset Eve!
Day 1 

Why Do the Ultimate Reset?
Research the Ultimate Reset, here



If you've done a cleanse or reset before or are thinking about doing one, comment below! I'd love to hear everyone's opinions, experiences and thoughts!


Research the ultimate reset more...

2 comments:

  1. I always lick the top of the shaker cup too after I shake it. When you did that I laughed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha glad Im not the only one! for some reason I always drip on myself when I take the first sip! WTH!

      Delete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -