Healthy Snack- Greek Yogurt

Thursday, March 15, 2012


Dessert for breakfast?? YES PLEASE! So a lot of people think that yogurt is a healthy option. It CAN be..but you have to check your labels! Flavored yogurts have in the ballpark of 20 grams of sugar for a tiny 5 oz serving!!! 


My rule is to stay away from anything with more than 6 grams of sugar!! (or 6 grams of fat!!) 


So what to do?


This is PLAIN 0% fat greek yogurt...1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder and a dash of cinnamon! 


SERIOUSLY GUYS....I whipped it together, put in freezer for 5 min just to give it that chilled ice creamy taste and its like eating frosting! You can switch it up and just add cut up pieces of fruit. Make it the way you like it!! 
Blueberries anyone? =)
 

For more Recipes, check out my RECIPE PAGE

UPDATE: I added Strawberries


This might sound a little dramatic, but I have day dreams about my greek yogurt/protein powder. The other afternoon it dawned on me that I should blend up some strawberries and add them like a fancy sauce. Here is the result!

My Supplies!
Magic Bullet
BSN Lean Dessert Protein: Vanilla
Oikos 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
1-2 Strawberries
I blended 2 strawberries and used 1/2 scoop of protein powder
Stir Greek Yogurt & Protein
Normally this is where I would stop...but today, we are making a special treat...
Drizzle on your strawberries! OMG tell me thats not heaven!
Eventually I just ended up pouring more strawberries in and mixing it all together.
I can honestly say this is wayyyy better than any store bought flavored yogurt I've ever had !!

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -