P90X2 Meal Plan

Monday, January 16, 2012

Thought I would switch things up a little this week and make a VIDEO post about my meal plan! Bare with me (bear with me?!) hmm...lol 
I know I'm talking a million mile/hr but I didn't want it to be too long and my video editing software SUCKS!!! If someone could point me in the right direction to something that won't degrade the quality of my pics, I would be mucho grateful!
But let me know whatcha think!

Side note...it's "bear with me" right? because bare means like naked. omg am I really having a blonde moment?! ***just googled it*** ay yi yi
My P90X 2 Meal Plan (Vegetarian)


Post workoutP90X Results & Recovery 2 scoops mixed with water

First Meal: Baked Apple Bliss! 1 cup oatmeal with 1 tbs wheat germ ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 baked apple (Recipe Below!)

Meal 2: Shakeology

Meal 3: Zesty Spinach Soup (recipe below)

Meal 4: 2 Cups baby carrots & broccoli, 2 Tbsp Homemade Red Pepper Hummus! =) Recipe Below!

Meal 5: Vegan Lettuce Wrap & 1 Cup of veggies juiced in my Jack LaLanne!

Post workout: 1 scoop Brown rice protein powder mixed with water


Recipes!

Baked Apple Oatmeal Bliss!

6 Apples (take your pics!)
5 Cups Oatmeal
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Wheat Germ
2 Cups Walnuts

Core Apples. You can bake apples first and then throw in food processor. OR you can throw apples in the food processor FIRST.
Throw 1 cup Walnuts in food processor until coarsely chopped.
Keep 1 Cup walnuts in food processor until it's basically a powder.
Mix apples, cinnamon & walnuts in with the Oatmeal. Bake in the over at 400 degrees- covered for 30 min, uncovered for 10 min.
You can add a sweetener if you would like, but I personally like the the taste of just apples & oatmeal. I also like my oatmeal super dry, but you MAY want to add a little water. 


Options!

  • You can also add raisins, dried cranberries! Or whatever else you like! Get creative! 
  • Try nutmeg and/or Allspice
  • For a twist, add grated orange zest or lemon zest in with your apples
  • You can bake everything all together OR you can slice apples, wrap in a foil pouch with spices & raisins. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 min. Then you can mash the mixture over your Oatmeal. Honestly, you can't really mess this up =)









***Update*** I re-heated this for breakfast in the microwave. Delish! But I was thinking...it would have been 10 times better if I could have reheated it in the oven uncovered. You know when apple crisp gets that delicious "crispness" to the top layer. Yummy! I might try that this weekend when I'm home for breakfast.
I love these pyrex dishes because #1 they last (no bending or breaking!) #2 I feel safer reheating glass instead of plastic. Would you like some cancer with your oatmeal? No thank you. #3 You can throw them in the oven! I got a set of 3 for $7 at Tj Maxx. Score!





Zesty Spinach and Veggie Soup!
What I love most about this recipe....you can basically just use whatever veggies you have at home!

1 Onion
2 Carrots (sliced or coarsely chopped)
3 Stalks of Celery (sliced or coarsely chopped)
3 Cloves of garlic (bust out the garlic press)
2 Zucchini, chopped or sliced
1 Package Frozen Spinach
6 Cups of Vegetable Stock (You can use chicken or beef broth if you like)
1 Veggie Bouillon
2 Cups Tomato (chopped)
Pinch of Nutmeg
1 tsp Sea Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper

Saute veggies
Add stock and bouillon to large stock pot- add veggies, tomatoes, & spices. Bring to a boil then simmer. Add spinach and continue to simmer for 15-20 min.
Enjoy!

I Love the frozen Spinach! Soooo easy! 
 ALWAYS check the labels! 
 I went a little nuts with the food processor lol


Hummus

2 15oz cans of chickpeas drained & rinsed
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons tahini
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
water for thinning out
salt, to taste
1/4 roasted red pepper

Place chickpeas in food processor or blender with lemon juice, tahini, garlic, roasted red pepper & cumin. Process until very smooth, 1-2 min, stop the machine and scrape down the sides if necessary. Add a little water to thin out. Salt to taste.

I roasted my red pepper. I actually threw the garlic in the food processor then put it inside the red pepper, wrapped in foil and baked.







Vegan Lettuce Wrap


Veggies to juice!

I just started adding Wheat grass to my juice =)

Have you tried any variations of these recipes? Do you have any awesome recipes to share?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you posted a whole week of vegetarian meal ideas! I'm just starting on P90X (day 5, legs and back today!) and I've been so inspired by your recipes, and helpful posts! You're quite an inspiration for me to stick with my goals. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy Kati, i would love if you share some new ideas of your vegetarian meal plan. I was going pretty good with P90X diet, but i don't stopped eating meat, almost a vegetarian.. just eat fish out of home, and after this i am not having my diet going well. Sorry for my bad english. i'm brazilian, and yes, i love to check your blog every week.

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -