What motivates you?

Friday, October 21, 2011

One of the hardest things about working out is getting the motivation to do it day in, day out. Sometimes it is EASY to lose sight of our goals.  We start out SO excited and ready to tackle anything...but over time, the initial  enthusiasm wears off and we find ourselves off track.

So how do we maintain that level of purpose and commitment? For me, it's about finding my WHY and finding something I am PASSIONATE about. What overrides that feeling of laziness or the excuses we make up to avoid the promises we make to ourselves?
Why brings you sheer and utter joy? What makes you PROUD? What gives you that feeling of excitement?

This might sound silly...but for me...it's Halloween. I dunno, maybe it's because I'm an October baby? Maybe it's because growing up I was always embarrassed about my body...trying to cover up and hide myself...or maybe it's just because Halloween is FUN...
But I LOVE dressing up. Working out, getting fit and healthy and sculpting my body to isn't always easy. There are so many days when I just don't want to do it, I can't get out of bed in the morning, I just want to eat pizza....but I fight those feelings when I think about how HAPPY I will be to rock my costume and NOT worry about rolls hanging over....cellulite on my legs...covering up because I'm embarrassed.
I can just focus on having a good time & looking/feeling cute lol

Ok this is kind of sick now that I'm looking at it...but here are all of the costumes I own haha On the days I dont want to workout, I pull them out and try them on. Talk about motivation!!! In the summer, I do the same thing with my swimsuits!
Find something you are passionate about and make that your focus. When you are thinking about skipping...go back to basics and remember WHY you are putting in the work!
thi








- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -