Share Your Dreams! Share your Light!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I recently reconnected with an old friend from High school (thank you Beachbody!) and discovered that we have the same outlook on life. Unfortunately, our views seem to be the minority...but I wanted to share this with everyone because she touched my heart. Start living the life you want NOW...little by little until your big dreams are your reality. Don't be in the minority of people who don't believe their dreams can come true, or even worse...who don't even have dreams! 
The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams today, in every little way you possibly can." - By Mike Dooley 

By sharing your dreams with others, you will see that they start finding ways to help you achieve your goals. And by doing so, they themselves can be inspired to set out on their own dream-laden path! 

Bethany and I shared our Vision Boards with one another and stated our dreams out loud in black and white. There is something about showing someone your goal  that makes it THAT much more important to accomplish it- especially when you KNOW they have your back.

After I sent her mine...this is what she wrote back....

"Thanks so much Kati!  You're such a nice girl.  I'm glad you "get" it.  I really love your stuff too!  And I can absolutely feel your passion for all your goals as well.  And I think that's what it takes; I think that passion and belief and dreaming big is half the battle.  I teach a writing class at CCAC and I always tell my students: 

Quit making writing a hobby.  If you love it, make it your passion.  Be serious.  Don't be afraid or stand in your own way of making dreams a reality.

You're on track, Kati.  Your vision board goals are so doable because you have the drive and smarts.  I feel like it'll only be a matter of time before you're sending me pics from Australia, holding a Koala bear in one arm!  I'm going to save this email so then, when I purchase my house in Hawaii and we're lounging on the beach, we can pull this email thread out and laugh about how all our goals and ambitions came true. :)

I loooooove your visual too!  I went the old school way of actually cutting pics out and pasting them to a show board.  How did you make your board into this cool graphic?  Very very nice!

But I mean, let's think about it Kati.  Some people may look at our lists and be all like, she's aiming too high.  But I don't think that's true at all.  Stephenie Meyer made 87 million in one single year!  JK Rowling is a billionaire.  The P90X guy is a millionaire many times over.  The founder of Beach Body probably has more money than Bill Gates.  (Maybe.)  

But people are achieving these goals.  Why not us????  

It's our turn, Kati!  We're both too passionate and ambitious to settle for less.

Thanks so much for sharing all your hopes with me.  I'm so happy that I get to be on this journey with you and watch you really strike out for your dreams. "

On that note, I have to leave you with Kandee's INCREDIBLE story and message about sharing your dreams!

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -