Tonyisms

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

For anyone doing P90X...this is pure gold...this list is hilarious! Sometimes Tony can be EXTREMELY annoying when your face is all red and you think you might pass out, but he is sooo goofy that I just have to laugh.


Enjoy!! 



Seventy-Four Tonyisms:
  1. Do your best and forget the rest.
  2. Don’t smash your face.
  3. Water break….but don’t be going down the hall and getting a Crispy Cream.
  4. Don’t forget to breath people!
  5. Let’s burn some goo.
  6. Like a pterodactyl backing out of trouble.
  7. Man-o-manischewitz as my uncle used to say.
  8. I’m going to stop now and see how the kids are doing.
  9. Rome wasn’t built in a day and your body wasn’t either.
  10. When it comes to biceps I’m in. Ego, HUGE.
  11. Run, Forest, Run!
  12. German potato soup. If that’s not P90X soup, I don’t know what is.
  13. Get READY … cause it’s COMIN
  14. Go ahead and laugh, these are excellent jokes.
  15. Drop your head to the opposite side of the arm you’re pulling on…WHAA?
  16. Got your tickets? (To what?) The show. (What show, Tony?) THE GUN SHOW!
  17. Oh, if I only had this exercise when I was a lad
  18. During Shoulders and Arms, pointing to Joe Bovino’s triceps “Check THESE out, Diamonds of Gold”.
  19. If you’re feeling tired of hopping on one leg (Eric: or only HAVE one leg), you can do the jump rope version”
  20. The magic, the money comes in the last three reps!
  21. A little nuance a little change.
  22. MAXIMUM, MAXIMUM, MAXIMUM Reps.
  23. Yes, I know it’s hard! It’s supposed to be!
  24. He/She makes Gumbie look like the Tin Man!
  25. In the words of @Tony_Horton I just crushed chest and back, but I feel like chest and back just crushed me.
  26. Clear your mind of all the bad things. (Yoga X)
  27. It’s going to burn. It’s suppose to! (Warming up with arm circles)
  28. What’s WOW upside down? MOM!
  29. In Plyo X, when he tells Eric to put his hands in the air to do the Mary Katherine’s, Eric says he’ll do his best.  Tony replies “he said he’ll do his best…THAT’S ALWAYS ENOUGH”.  That comment has stuck with me; so long as you do your best, it WILL always be enough.
  30. Drink your water people!
  31. ARX #P90X. Feel the burn! I hate it but I love it.
  32. Oh Mommy!
  33. ”Get the turtlehead out of the shell” from YogaX
  34. ”I’m gonna lower my load a little, you know, cause I’ve been talking” from back & chest.
  35. Here’s another where he pokes fun at his level of activity during the workout:  ”I’m shaking out, like I’ve actually done something.”
  36. ”The tip of the day… Don’t do this every day.” Tony’s encouragement at the end of Ab Ripper X.
  37. Get Your Mind Right!
  38. “You can do anything for 30 seconds” (I like looking at Pam the Blam’s face when he says this!)
  39. “Jesus – I mean jeepers”
  40. Don’t bite your toes…I recommend foot spray… (YogaX)
  41. “Happiness is this right here.”
  42. “Keep your bucket nearby my friends, because this routine is X City”
  43. “Get out of your head about it, just show up!”
  44. “Drop down into Warrior 2 Mr. Haas, this is Yoga X my brother.”
  45. “Let the weight of your head do the work. Mine weighs 600 lbs; there’s nothing in it.”
  46. “Dirty Sock Soup… but I don’t like it that Phil said something funnier than me.” (fr. Shoulders, Biceps, & Triceps?)
  47. During towel hopping when he says ‘lets get to it like bunny rabbits!’
  48. During ARX “25 isn’t so bad, imagine if you had to do 100!”
  49. When doing Banana Rolls (Core Synergistics I think?) “I’d get down there with ya but I got this pack…” pointing out his mic headset.
  50. During YogaX “…tippie toes or tip toes. I always say tippie.”
  51. “He’s making contact! The Man’s making contact elbow-thigh.” (ARX)
  52. “Good Job!… So Far….” (Chest/Back)
  53. Some of the exercises here are higher impact… I know… It’s out of style.
  54. “You need that break? Take a break!”
  55. In Shoulder and Arms, during the chicken wing stretch, Tony asks Loraine (sp?) how it feels and she replies, “It hurts!”. Tony immediately says, “In a good way, she meant in a good way!”
  56. In Back and Biceps, at the beginning of strip set Curls, Tony says, “Oh dude, this is going to hurt sooo much, in such a beautiful way!”
  57. “I recommend….foot spray.” (YogaX)
  58. “This isnt Ab Ripper 100 or 200, this is Ab Ripper 339″
  59. “Lets make it x like… not exlax thats somethin different”
  60. “Ab Ripper X – I hate it, but I LOVE it”
  61. During Yoga X: “There’s no part one or part two…this is part two.”
  62. Went to one of Tony’s P90X bootcamps…my saying from the weekend….”Do something that scares, but doesn’t kill you!”
  63. I like straight lines… you should see my closet at home.
  64. That’s a short uncle.
  65. Make it sexy people.
  66. During “One on One with Tony Horton” he’s goofin around and then looks right into the camera and says, “I am not normal”.
  67. “Steering wheels don’t move unless you got some kind of clown car.”
  68. At the end of ARX Tony say tip of the day ” Don’t do this everyday, you don’t work other parts or your body everyday…”
  69. “Don’t say ‘I can’t,’ say ‘I presently struggle with.’”
  70. Near the end during the strip sets Tony says “I think I blew my esophagus!”
  71. Stretch X. Talking to Phil. “Nice Muscles Dude!” AS Tony is stretching his Glutes “I’m uncomfortable … just breathe”.
  72. During the Kenpo X workout Tony points out that the girl’s shirt is covered in sweat and says: “We don’t do spray on here. We do actual DNA removal.”
  73. “Let’s see if I can say nothing for a few seconds…” Aimee (And of course we all know the chorus of “No’s” that come from the team and those behind the camera.
  74. The warm-up’s going to kill you. That’s a beautiful thing!

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -