No More Excuses!

Thursday, January 13, 2011


Excuses, Excuses, Excuses! It’s easy to make Excuses when it comes to working out and eating healthy! Trust me I used to do this all the time! Then I learned that this isn’t something to make excuses about! Not if I wanted to change the person I was and get into the BEST shape of my life!! I needed to make this a priority and make sure I stuck with it!! Yes it was going to be hard with working at the time, taking care of a baby, and keeping the place clean and dinner on the table. But, I had to figure out how to fit this into my everyday schedule.
The first thing I did was decided to make a healthy lifestyle change and to commit to a program. The next thing I did was bought a planner and filled it out each night to figure out exactly what needed to be done that day, now you have to remember to schedule in your workout and stick to it.  Even if a friend calls and ask if you want to go and get something to eat you have to just say, sorry I have plans already. This needs to be seen as a priority and not  just as something you can put off until another day or here’s something I used to say all the time ” I’ll do two workouts tomorrow” Why even put that on yourself when you know that is just making excuses and it won’t get done.
Now once you start doing this for yourself, not only will it be a healthy lifestyle change, but it will also become second nature and you will find it to become such a normal habit and you more than likely won’t dread it. You have to take this seriously and think of it as priority, otherwise you will never get the results you are looking for. I had to learn this the hard way!
Working out is a great thing to add into your schedule! Not only will you feel like a million bucks when you are done, but you will also have made a healthy lifestyle change for the better! People will look to you for fitness advice and that is such an amazing feeling to know that people are noticing the healthy choices you are making.
So the next step you need to take is go out buy a planner and get yourself organized and prioritized!!

by Melinda Wright

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -